Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail are going to be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We shall publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Ensure you get your reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and lower the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on line.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Underneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you can
- Go to the USCIS Electronic checking area to verify we now have perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you’ll need.
- Make your demand utilizing the waplog right agency by reviewing the sections below. We don’t have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you will need, once we can get back accurate needs faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get the demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified whenever we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to some other individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Look at the Check Request reputation web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be significantly more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents with respect to person in Congress
Immigration records by techniques apart from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a faster, more convenient online format.
If you wish to request documents by mail, you ought to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which has your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these techniques will demand which you:
Available records under part 508 regarding the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- An unknown number where you are able to be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact one to help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater effectively the records can be returned by us you may need.
You should check the status of an current FOIA demand regarding the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, so it’s more likely to go quickly.
Specialized request, therefore our review will probably have a significant period of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand additional time than a request a certain document.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must add a duplicate of 1 associated with the after types, released because of the Department of Homeland safety or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
If you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please look at the site for the working office of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS doesn’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to make your demand to your agency that is right.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
You may if you have questions about your pending FOIA/PA request:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions towards the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can just only respond to questions about FOIA/PA needs. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or just about any other types of immigration matter.